Labels

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Joys of Open and Honest Communication

Have you ever been so frustrated by school, work or anything really?  My online course ended last night at 10pm and I was awaiting my professor to approve my final post.  He had not approved it earlier in the day because I said my calculator wasn't working (it really isn't) and I had to do the problems the long way by hand.  I was frustrated that he had not responded to my emails to him about my concern and I felt like he didn't really care if I passed the course or not.  I finally got an email this morning at 6am from him saying "it is weird your calculator is getting those answers."  That's it! Seriously?  Oh and a p.s. I approved your post.

I have been trying to make it a point to not let my frustration show when I am with my family.  It is something that I didn't do very well in my previous marriage and it wasn't fair to them.  I know make it a point to tell myself to say kind soft words and not sharp words when I am frustrated.  It is not their fault so why are they to take the brunt of this frustration.  My wife is sweet and can tell when I am in that mood and lets me have my space while asking if there is anything she could do for me or anything she shouldn't try and do for me;)  It is amazing when a husband and wife learn to think of the other before themselves.  (not saying this is perfected; far from it but when it works its incredible)  We should always be striving to think in a non selfish manner and if needed be quick to apologize.  Pride was the fall of many great and powerful nations and Marriage can be Great and Powerful in a much better way!

Thanks for the note on the Toilet Roll this morning SWEETHEART!  Lets all work on putting our spouse's needs above our own today.  I would love to hear how this worked for everyone and to have experiences shared in the comments.  Thanks!  Good Luck:)

Great Papers! Blossom Branches Thank You 50PK (Google Affiliate Ad)
Why Youre Not Married--Yet By Mcmillan, Tracy (Google Affiliate Ad)
Hortense B. Hewitt 45538 Damask Thank You Cards (Google Affiliate Ad)

No comments:

Post a Comment