Labels

Friday, September 21, 2012

Bread winner No More!

Stock image of 'bread and milk in pitcher on tablecloth'
Thanks to Colourbox.com

I took on the task of cleaning all the bathrooms today and needed a break so I read MY WIFE'S blog to see her latest post.  I need to keep up on the newest learning experiences that marriage brings.

I will post about some tips for "Cleaning the Bathrooms Tage Style!" later so check back soon.

"Bread and Milk"

When you hear your spouse say they are going to run and grab some bread and milk, what should we be expecting when he/she returns from the store?  Correct! Bread and Milk.  Now, lets play this out when one of the spouses; lets say the husband just for an example, is recently a stay at home dad.  Keep in mind this is a hard thing for a man of the house to do but does so for the benefit of his family.  This is where the husband reacted the way he did about the "extra" items, because the husband (if you haven't guessed it's me) is now overly aware of the tighter financial strain his family will be facing.

I most certainly do appreciate how well my wife is able to stock our home with food and supplies for the kids and stay within our allotted budget.  She even spends under the budget which is fantastic!  However, that in most cases isn't directly communicated to her as she walks in the door with "extra" goods.  I as a person need work on being much less literal in life.  It doesn't seem to do anyone any good but annoy them and frustrate them.  I am grateful that I have a sassy wife so that I am not too over bearing.  She puts me in check at times but only when needed;)

Fella's please learn to appreciate your wife for all the thought she puts into keeping you and your family happy with the little things she does without you really being aware of.  How is it that the butter tray is full all the time, is the salt n pepper always refilling itself, your deodorant never seems to run out... weird right?  I am  slowly learning that its almost like watching sports on TV.  We get to see them at their best and not worrying about all the practices or how hard each member of the team has been working on their weaknesses.  We just expect them to be great at what they do.  Praise your wife's practice time and how hard she is working at being the best Mom, and Wife she knows how to be.  If you think you can do it better than do it yourself, I dare ya!

Happy Conversations:)

ASICS Women's Rush 33 Running Shoe - Grey/Pink (Google Affiliate Ad)
New Balance Men's 730 Running Shoe - Grey/Orange (Google Affiliate Ad)
Tek Gear Woven Running Shorts (Google Affiliate Ad)

No comments:

Post a Comment